Pesto Pan-Fried Chicken is made with boneless chicken breasts coated in basil pesto and bread crumbs and pan-fried in olive oil and butter until golden and crispy. It’s a really quick and easy way to add lots of flavor to chicken and put a quick weeknight meal on the table.
Pan searing chicken breasts takes less than 10 minutes making this chicken perfect for a busy night.
You can use homemade pesto for even more flavor, but I typically use store-bought.
The chicken is first slathered with pesto, then dusted with flour, dipped in egg wash, and coated in a mixture of Italian bread crumbs and grated or shredded Parmesan cheese. Not only does the Parmesan cheese add more flavor, it helps the chicken fry up super crispy and golden.
Chicken is such a great weeknight meal. This oven fried chicken is another weeknight favorite.
Never miss a recipe. CLICK HERE to Subscribe.
More Chicken Recipes
Pesto Pan-Fried Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper and coat in pesto sauce.
- Coat both sides of chicken in flour, dip in egg mixture, and then coat with seasoned bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet, preferably cast iron, set over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.