Italian Dressing Chicken is marinated in a Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix based marinade and then grilled. So tender, juicy, and flavorful!
Only 6 ingredients needed. A packet of Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix makes a wonderful base for a marinade.
- Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix– I always have packets of Good Seasons in my pantry. It is probably my favorite salad dressing. I also love to use it in this Marinated Shrimp Recipe. It adds tons of seasoning and flavor to these chicken breasts.
- Lemon Juice– Fresh is best. Tip: Microwave your lemons for 10 seconds and they are much easier to juice.
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Cloves– one teaspoon of garlic powder can be used instead.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes– add just a touch of heat. Omit if you don’t want any spice.
- Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts– this recipe can be made with boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead. They will need to cook a little longer.
How Long To Marinate The Chicken
The chicken should be marinated for at least 12 hours and for a maximum of 24 hours. The acidity of the lemon will start to break down the chicken and it will have an unappealing texture if it is marinated too long.
There is enough marinade to marinate up to 6 chicken breasts. Any more than that and I would double the marinade.
If you don’t have a grill, the chicken can be cooked in a grill pan or cast iron skillet.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days. Slice the chicken and add to a salad for an easy healthy meal.
Great Sides To Serve With Italian Dressing Chicken
- Easy Macaroni Salad
- Spicy Roasted Broccoli
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Italian Roasted Vegetables
- Candied Green Beans
Italian Dressing Chicken
- 1 packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large ziptop bag.
- Add chicken. Turn to coat the chicken evenly.
- Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from bag and place on grill.Grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until juices run clear.
4 thoughts on “Italian Dressing Chicken”
Made this a couple of nights ago and it’s absolutely delicious! My family loved it and the chicken was so juicy and flavourful. Destined to become a family favourite!
Question…after the 12 hours, will this be OK to freeze uncooked? I want to take chicken on a camping trip, but will need to freeze first.
I always have these Italian seasoning packets as well. What are the directions for the cast iron since we don’t have a grill? Temperature and time? Thank you so much. Will make this soon.
I would cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes per side. Turn the heat down a little if they start to brown too quickly.