Grilled Teriyaki Chicken is marinated and then grilled for maximum flavor. Chicken never tasted so juicy and flavorful!
The key to this really juicy and tender grilled chicken is using mayonnaise in the marinade. The other marinade ingredients are low sodium soy sauce, garlic powder, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat. That’s it! So easy.
This will likely be a regular on your weeknight dinner rotation, but it is also great for cookouts when you want something a little different than burgers or hot dogs. This Grilled Teriyaki Chicken also makes a great sandwich for lunch. Just slather mayonnaise on a bun with lettuce and tomato.
Either chicken breasts or chicken thighs can be used. Chicken breasts grill up a little leaner, chicken thighs are juicier. You could also use chicken tenders and serve them with a dip.
I recommend marinating the chicken for 2 to 4 hours but longer is ok. It is perfectly fine to place the chicken in the marinade in the morning and grill it when you get home from work.
If you don’t have low-sodium soy sauce, you can use regular soy sauce but reduce the amount to 1/3 a cup so that the chicken is not too salty. For a little sweetness, you can add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar to the marinade.
I love to serve this Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with white rice and a green salad for a light and healthy summer meal!
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 chicken breasts or boneless, skinless thighs
- Whisk together all ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade and place on hot gill. Cover and grill 6 to 7 minutes for chicken breasts and 7 to 8 minutes for boneless chicken thighs. Flip over and cook another 6 to 7 minutes for breasts and 7 to 8 minutes for thighs.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.