Grilled Greek Chicken is tender and juicy and flavored with plenty of fresh herbs and lemon. Pair it with a Greek salad for a healthy and delicious weeknight meal.
The chicken needs to marinate for at least 6 hours and up to 12 hours to really soak up the flavor of the herbs and garlic. I’ve used thyme, oregano, and dill, but parsley and rosemary would also be good.
I used fresh oregano and dill and dried thyme. Thyme is probably the only herb I enjoy better in dry form. You would be fine using dried oregano too, but I wouldn’t use dried dill. It has virtually no flavor.
The marinade can be made in the morning, let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator all day and you can pull supper together in about 15 minutes. Gotta love that.
Healthy Grilled Greek Chicken
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl. Pour into a large ziptop plastic bag. Add chicken and place in refrigerator to marinate for 6 to 12 hours.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and place on counter. Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Place chicken on grill and grill for 5 minutes. Flip over and grill until no longer pink in the middle.