Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Chops are cooked in a buttery sauce that’s both sweet and spicy with lots of garlic flavor. Such a great way to cook pork chops.
The pork chops are first seared really well in a pan and then they finish cooking in the oven. The sauce is a simple mixture of butter, light brown sugar, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, paprika, and thyme. So easy and so delicious!
What kind of pork chops are best for this recipe?
This recipe is best with thick-cut, bone-in pork chops. The bone not only adds flavor but helps keep the pork chop from drying out. I like rib pork chops. Look for ones that have a nice amount of fat. The fat will help keep the pork chops juicy.
Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Chops Recipe Tips:
- Cooking time can vary greatly based on the thickness and size of your pork chops. Use the cooking time as an estimate. A quick read thermometer is really handy.
- Pork is done when it reaches an internal temperature 0f 145 degrees. You don’t want to overcook the pork chops or they will be dry and chewy.
If you use boneless pork chops, they will cook a little faster.
- Rosemary can be used instead of thyme.
Try These Other Fabulous Pork Chop Recipes:
- Buttermilk Parmesan Pork Chops
- Easy Oven-Barbecued Pork Chops
- Creamy Parmesan Pork Chops
- Honey Pecan Pork Chops
Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Chops
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 5 bone-in thick-cut pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Pat pork chops dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in an oven-proof skillet. (Cast iron or stainless steel)
- When the oil is hot, add pork chops. Cook for 5 minutes, flip over and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add butter.
- When butter is melted, add brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, paprika, and thyme.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Return pork chops to skillet and spoon butter mixture over them.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.You can pull it out of the oven when it is a few degrees below 145. The temperature will rise a few degrees.
- Plate pork chops and spoon sauce over them.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.