Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche is a rich and cheesy quiche that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s perfect for using up leftover Easter ham.
I love making quiches. They are versatile, so easy to make, and great for using up leftovers.
If you find yourself with leftover holiday ham, this quiche takes just minutes to prep. I use a frozen pie shell to save time and make a quick pie filling with a little onion, some eggs, half-and-half, cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, and ham. You could use bacon instead of ham if you wanted to.
Pour the filling into the pie crust, pop it in the oven and 45 minutes later your quiche is ready.
Tastes great warm from the oven or after being chilled in the refrigerator.
If you’d like to make a homemade Piecrust watch the video below and find the recipe here.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a small nonstick pan and cook onion until soft. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper.
- Stir in ham and both cheeses. (I like to leave a small handful of cheese to sprinkle on top.)
- Stir in cooked onion.
- Pour filling into pie crust, set on a baking sheet and place in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until set.
- Serve warm or chilled.