Tuna Salad Stuffed Jumbo Shells make an incredible summer lunch when served chilled over a bed of lettuce. It’s a light and refreshing meal that’s easy to make in advance.
The tuna salad is made from canned tuna, diced celery, red onion, carrots, red bell pepper, and hard-boiled egg. The veggies add some crunch and lots of flavor. Mayonnaise, along with some sugar for just a little sweetness, is used to make the tuna salad.
The tuna salad gets stuffed into jumbo pasta shells. Before serving, the shells get drizzled with a sweet and tangy, creamy dressing made from sour cream, apple cider vinegar, sugar, mayonnaise, celery seed, and onion powder.
You could skip the pasta shells and just serve this tuna salad over a big bed of lettuce with tomatoes for an even lighter lunch.
If you’re a fan of tuna salad, try these Tomato Tuna Melts.
More Lunch Ideas
- Southern Shrimp Salad
- Chicken Salad Wrap with Apples, Grapes, and Spicy Pecans
- Curry Chicken Pasta Salad
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 12 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directiosn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon sugar, and black pepper.
- Add remaining tuna salad ingredients and stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a small bowl mix together all the dressing ingredients.
- To assemble, fill each shell with tuna salad and drizzle with dressing. Serve over a bed of lettuce if desired.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.