Curry Chicken Pasta Salad is part chicken salad, part pasta salad with lots of curry flavor. Combining the two makes for a light, but filling meal that’s perfect for a summer lunch or dinner.
Since I love bold flavors, I tend to love curry anything. And I especially love a curry chicken salad.
I use a combination of mayonnaise and sour cream for lots of creaminess. Plus I add some mango chutney and heavy cream. A full two tablespoons of curry powder adds plenty of curry flavor. Trust me, it won’t be an overwhelming amount.
I also add red onion, celery, and almond slices for some crunch. Plus some raisins for sweetness. I like the golden ones for this. Craisins would be good too. You could use red grapes, apple, or even pineapple instead of or in addition to the raisins.
Serve Curry Chicken Pasta Salad on a bed of lettuce and you have a full meal that’s perfect for a hot summer day. It’s both cool and refreshing.
Never miss a recipe. Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Curry Chicken Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces dry medium shells, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mango chutney, heavy cream, and curry powder in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Mix in shells, chicken, red onion, celery, raisins, and green onion.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with almonds before serving.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.