Tangy Shrimp Pasta Salad is wonderfully creamy and flavorful. Makes a great side for burgers, grilled chicken or pulled pork. Such a tasty summer side dish!
Coated in a tangy dressing with a little sweetness.
The dressing for this recipe is made by combining mayonnaise and Russian dressing. I love the slight sweetness and tanginess the Russian dressing adds.
Substitution For Russian Dressing
Instead of using Russian dressing, you can use Catalina dressing, French Dressing, or Thousand Island.
Which Shape Pasta To Use
Pasta salad can pretty much be made with any pasta shape. For this recipe I most like small shell pasta or orecchiette. Cavatappi, elbow pasta, and farfalle also work well.
How I Cook My Shrimp For This Recipe.
First I peel and devein the shrimp. Next I bring a pot of water to a boil. Not a huge amount of water. Just plenty to submerge the shrimp. I add a few teaspoons of garlic salt and then add the shrimp. Small to medium shrimp literally ony take a few minutes to cook. They are done when they are completely opaque. I drain them in a colander and they are ready to go.
Tangy Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipe Tip
Only cook the pasta to al dente. If you overcook it even slightly, it will turn mushy and soft once it soaks up some of the dressing.
Make It Spicy
If you wanted to add some heat to this recipe, you could add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
How To Store Tangy Shrimp Pasta Salad
This pasta salad tastes best when made at least 30 minutes to an hour in advance. It will keep in an airtight conatiner for up to 3 days.
- Pasta Pot– I love this Pasta Pot with Straining Cover.
- Colander– this OXO Stainless Steel Colander is very durable.
- Large Mixing Bowl with Lid– makes for easy storage. I love this set of mixing bowls in different sizes.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad
- Tzatziki Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Remoulade Pasta Salad
- Creamy and Tangy Pasta Salad
- Tex-Mex Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces small shell or orecchiette pasta,
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup Russian dressing
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- 1 ½ pounds small to medium cooked shrimp
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot of salted water.Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Russian dressing, capers, lemon juice, celery seeds, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir in pasta, celery, onion, shrimp and green onion.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.