Creamy Pea Salad is a great potluck and bbq side for pea lovers. With just a few ingredients and a few minutes of time, a bag of frozen peas gets turned into a super flavorful vegetable side.
It’s creamy and flavored with lots of crispy, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped red onion.
Creamy Pea Salad can be made a day or even two in advance. The flavor only gets better. Plus it tastes great when it is super chilled, especially on a hot summer day.
A combination of mayonnaise and sour cream forms a super creamy base. A little apple cider vinegar perks up the flavor and a spoonful of sugar adds some sweetness.
But the best part is definitely all that salty bacon!
How to Make Creamy Pea Salad Video
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups peas
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, and balck pepper.
- Add peas, onion, and cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Sprinkle bacon on top. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Potluck Favorites
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.