Shrimp Remoulade Pasta Salad has a classic New Orleans Remoulade dressing and lots of baby shrimp mixed in. Chopped celery and red bell pepper give the pasta salad a little crunch and horseradish and Tabasco sauce give it some bite.
Pasta Salads are one of my favorite things to make for summer potlucks and picnics and I get easily bored making the same one again and again. I try to really switch it up with different flavor combinations. Some of my favorites: Caesar Pasta Salad, BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad, and Tzatziki Pasta Salad.
The Remoulade Dressing gives the pasta salad tons of flavor. It is made from mayonnaise, creole mustard, ketchup, horseradish, Tabasco sauce, sugar, and creole or cajun seasoning. My favorite Cajun seasoning is Tony Chachere’s.
You can use fresh baby shrimp, or in a pinch I use Chicken of the Sea canned shrimp.
I’ve used pasta shells, but any pasta shape can be used.
Shrimp Remoulade Pasta Salad
- 1 pound medium shell pasta, cooked until al dente in salted water
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 pound small cooked shrimp
- In a large bowl stir together mayonnaise, Creole mustard, ketchup, horseradish, Tabasco, sugar, and Creole Seasoning.
- Fold in pasta, celery, green onions, red bell pepper, and shrimp.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.