Did you see the article in Huffington Post a few weeks ago about the most popular summer food in each state? There are a lot of people out there who like pasta salad!
I can attest to that because Caesar Pasta Salad is the second most popular recipe on Spicy Southern Kitchen.
Growing up I was never a huge fan of pasta salad. In fact, given the choice between pasta salad and potato salad, I would always choose potato salad.
That was probably because the only pasta salad I was exposed to was soggy pasta drowning in a bottle of Italian dressing.
But now that I’ve discovered that there are pretty much an infinite number odf ways to make pasta salad, they have my interest.
This Tzatziki Pasta Salad is far from ordinary. It has a creamy and a little tangy Greek yogurt dressing and plenty of Greek flavors: feta cheese, kalamata olives, cucumbers, and fresh dill, plus a few marinated artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes.
If you are a fan of Greek food you will really dig this Tzatziki Pasta Salad. It goes great with burgers and grilled chicken.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Tzatziki Pasta Salad
- 1 (7-ounce) container low-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked to al dente
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained (if they are large cut them into smaller pieces)
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes, the kind packed in oil
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In a bowl, stir together greek yogurt, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup feta cheese, garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta artichoke hearts, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, cucumber, and onion.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle I/2 cup feta cheese and fresh dill on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.