BLT Pasta Salad is a creamy pasta salad full of crispy bacon pieces, tomatoes, and chopped Romaine lettuce. It’s one of my favorite summer pasta salads. Goes great with burgers, hot dogs, or grilled chicken.
If you love a summertime BLT sandwich, you can’t go wrong with this creamy pasta salad.
The creamy dressing is Ranch-flavored for even more flavor. It’s a simple mixture of Ranch dressing, mayonnaise, and sour cream. So delicious!
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe Tips:
- You can use either a large tomato and dice it or cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.
- I love the crunch of Romaine lettuce in this pasta salad, but baby spinach would also work well.
- Pretty much any type of pasta works for this recipe. Elbows, farfalle, rotini, shells, and penne are all good choices.
- You don’t want to make this pasta salad too far in advance because the lettuce gets soggy. But if you need to make it a day in advance, just mix in the lettuce right before serving.
- You do want to mix it together at least an hour before serving so that the flavors have a little time to blend.
- If you do make it hours in advance, you may want to add a little mayo to it just before serving. The pasta will soak up some of the dressing and it can get a little dry.
- Leftovers will keep for about 3 days. The lettuce will get a little soggy but it will still taste good.
- You can add a little diced, cooked chicken to this pasta salad and turn it into a light meal.
Whether you are looking for a side dish for a cookout or picnic, you’ll love this cool and creamy pasta salad.
Try These Other Pasta Salad Recipes:
- Caesar Pasta Salad
- Tex-Mex Pasta Salad
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Remoulade Pasta Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad
BLT Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta, cavatappi, bow ties, shells, or macaroni are all good choices
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes or diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, stir together Ranch dressing, mayonnaise, and sour cream.
- Stir in the pasta, red onion, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in Romaine and bacon.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.