Shrimp and Dill Pasta Salad is a creamy pasta salad with shrimp, peas, red pepper, and celery tossed in a mayonnaise-based dressing flavored with dill. This light and refreshing pasta salad is perfect for summer.
It’s a wonderfully creamy and delicious pasta salad and definitely deserves a spot on my list of Best Pasta Salad Recipes.
This pasta salad is a great side for a bbq or picnic.
Dill really adds the yum factor to this pasta salad. Use fresh dill. I do not recommend using dried. Fresh dill is easy to grow in a pot and adds tons of fresh summer flavor to your meals. I also love to use it for this Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce.
Shrimp and Dill Pasta Salad Recipe Tips:
- Canned shrimp should only be used as a last resort.
- Use any pasta shape you like. Bowties, shells, penne, and elbow pasta are all good choices.
- Try adding a few more veggies if you like. Tomatoes and cucumbers are great additions.
- Don’t like peas? Leave them out.
- Can be made up to 24 hours in advance. If the pasta soaks up too much of the mayonnaise, stir a little more in just before serving.
This yummy pasta salad can be eaten as a main dish for a light summer meal. Serve it on a bed of bibb lettuce.
Try These Other Amazing Pasta Salads:
- Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Remoulade Pasta Salad
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad
- Spicy Horseradish Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Texas Caviar Pasta Salad
Shrimp and Dill Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces pasta (rotini, elbow, or penne)
- 3/4 pound cooked shrimp
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablepsoons chopped fresh dill
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.Place in a large bowl.
- Add shrimp, bell pepper, celery, red onion, and peas.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to bowl with pasta and stir to mix.Sprinkle the dill on top and mix it in.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.If pasta soaks up a lot of the mayo, add another 1/4 cup just before serving to make it creamier.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.