Texas Caviar Pasta Salad is a creamy, tangy pasta salad with beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, corn, jalapeno, and cilantro. Goes great with burgers, hot dogs and any other cookout food.
It’s a cool and creamy pasta salad with a little heat and so much color.
What is Texas Caviar?
It’s a delicious chip dip that is a summertime party favorite. Also called Cowboy Caviar, it’s full of beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, corn, and red onion and is sometimes served as a side dish instead of a chip dip. Wonderfully colorful and flavorful. Here is my recipe for Texas Caviar.
The base for this pasta salad is mayonnaise and zesty Italian salad dressing. I love this combination. It makes for a creamy pasta salad but also adds lots of flavor and zip. I use Wishbone Zesty Italian Dressing. It’s inexpensive and tastes great on salads and also makes a great marinade.
This recipe is so easy to make. All you have to do is boil the pasta, chop some veggies and open some cans.
Texas Caviar Pasta Salad Recipe Tips:
- Should be made at least 1 hour ahead of time.
- Any kind of pasta shape can be used.
- If you don’t like cilantro, parsley can be used instead.
- Diced avocado is a great addition.
- Be sure not to overcook the pasta or it will taste mushy. It will soak up some of the mayonnaise/salad dressing mixture.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
How To Make This Pasta Salad More Spicy?
One jalapeno gives it a little heat. For more heat, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Try These Other Cookout Sides:
- Buttermilk Coleslaw
- Spicy Bacon Baked Beans
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Southern Potato Salad
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Zesty Italian dressing
- 16 ounces elbow pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, risned and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise and Italian dressing until well blended.
- Add cooked macaroni and mix it in.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir them in.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.