Broccoli Orange Feta Salad is a sweet and crunchy side salad that makes a great addition to a cookout or potluck.
Tons of Flavors
This vegetarian salad is loaded with flavor. There’s lots of crunch from the broccoli and sunflower seeds, there’s salty feta cheese, sweetness from raisins and mandarin oranges and a little zip from red onions.
Make Ahead Salad
This salad actually tastes better if it is made a little in advance. I like to make it 2 hours ahead of time. The broccoli is still crunchy at this point but has soaked up some of the flavor from the dressing.
How To Serve Broccoli Orange Feta Salad
Goes great with a sandwich, burgers, hot dogs, or grilled chicken. Perfect for any potluck, picnic, or cookout.
Sweet and Tangy Dressing
The dressing is a mayonnaise-based dressing flavored and thinned with a little juice from a can of mandarin oranges. Apple cider vinegar is added for a little tang. Reduce the sugar if you want it less sweet.
This recipe is easily customizable to suit your tastes or use up the odds and ends in your refrigerator.
- Use cauliflower instead of or in addition to broccoli.
- Use apple instead of mandarin oranges.
- Green onion can be used instead or red onion.
- Goat cheese or blue cheese can be substituted for feta cheese.
- Craisins can be substituted for raisins.
- Walnuts, almonds, or pecans can be substituted for sunflower seeds.
- Bacon can be added for additional flavor.
Will keep for a few days in an airtight container in the refrigerator but it will start to get soggy and watery after a few days.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Broccoli Strawberry Salad
- Carrot Raisin Salad
- Marinated Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Creamy Pea Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons juice from mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (save juice for dressing)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add broccoli, oranges, red onion, feta cheese and raisins. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top and serve.