Broccoli Strawberry Salad is full of broccoli florets, strawberry slices, mandarin oranges, blueberries and cashews tossed in a sweet and tangy mayonnaise-based dressing.
It’s wonderfully crunchy, sweet, and creamy. One of my favorite spring and summer potluck salads. Goes well with everything from grilled chicken to burgers and bbq.
If you like the more traditional Broccoli Salad with Craisins, sunflower seeds and bacon, you will love this fruity version.
In addition to broccoli and lots of fruit, there’s also diced red onion and poppy seeds. A little feta cheese can be added for more flavor. An easy 3-ingredient dressing wonderfully coats the broccoli and fruit.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR BROCCOLI STRAWBERRY SALAD:
- Mayonnaise– use Miracle Whip if you prefer it but you may want to reduce the sugar a little.
- Sugar– enough to add some sweetness without making it too sweet.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Adds a little tanginess. White wine vinegar or red wine vinegar can be used instead.
- Broccoli– just the florets and I like to cut them in small pieces so they are easy to eat and get coated well in dressing.
- Strawberries– use fresh, ripe strawberries.
- Blueberries– can be left out or you can use blackberries or raspberries instead.
- Mandarin Oranges– add a sweet, citrus flavor that is so good with broccoli.
- Red Onion– can be left out if you don’t like red onion.
- Cashews– add a nutty crunch and saltiness. Almonds, pecans, or walnuts can be used instead.
- Poppy Seeds– I like the extra little crunch they add and the visual appeal. They can be left out if you wish.
Best eaten within 24 hours as it gets really watery with time.
Broccoli Strawberry Salad is one of my favorite salads to make during strawberry season.
Try These Other Awesome Potluck Salad Recipes:
- Strawberry Fields Salad
- Shrimp and Dill Pasta Salad
- Bacon Blue Cheese and Broccoli Salad
- Mandarin Broccoli Salad
- Grilled Corn and Butter Bean Salad
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup salted cashews or sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add broccoli, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, and red onion. Toss gently to coat.
- Cover an refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
- Sprinkle cashews and poppy seeds on top and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.