Bacon Blue Cheese Broccoli Salad is a crunchy, creamy side dish that’s packed with flavor. Blue cheese crumbles, salty bacon pieces, red onion, and sunflower seeds make this a delicious potluck offering.
Everything is coated in a simple 3-ingredient mayonnaise dressing that’s creamy, a little tangy, and a little sweet.
Bacon Blue Cheese Broccoli Salad Recipe Tips:
- You’ll need a large bunch of broccoli and I like to cut it into small pieces so it is easy to eat and it gets well-coated in dressing.
- You could use a combination of broccoli and cauliflower if you wish.
- A few raisins or Craisins can be added if you want more sweetness.
- You can leave the sugar out or use a little sugar substitute to make this recipe low carb.
- I like to wait until just before serving to add the bacon and sunflower seeds but they can be added ahead of time. They will lose a little of their crunch, but will still taste fine.
- This salad will keep for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator but it gets watery over time and the broccoli looses its crispness
Bacon Blue Cheese Broccoli Salad makes a great summer side dish for a cookout or picnic. The texture and flavor contrasts are amazing.
Try These Other Recipes That Make Great Sides For Summer Meals:
- Broccoli Mandarin Salad– another great broccoli salad
- Buttermilk Coleslaw– such a cool and creamy coleslaw
- Carrot Raisin Salad– another side dish with a lot of crunch.
- Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad– super simple, healthy and crunchy
- Corn Okra Creole– an easy recipe to make use of fresh summer produce.
- Bacon Caprese Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large bunch broccoli, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1 (4-ounce) container blue cheese crumbles
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablepsoons sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper
- Stir together mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add broccoli, red onion, and blue cheese crumbles. Toss to mix.Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Add bacon and sunflower seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.Serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.