Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad is the perfect summer salad. It’s both sweet and tangy and the fresh crispness of the cucumbers and onions can’t be beat.
This summer salad is a simple mixture of oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper along with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions. I love to serve it really, really cold and will often add ice cubes to it just before serving. So refreshing on a hot summer day!
Cucumbers are so plentiful and inexpensive during the summer months. If you have a vegetable garden, you no doubt have more than you know what to do with. Cucumbers are also amazingly low in calories and have a very high water content. They are a great way to stay hydrated and full during the summer.
Tips for making Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad:
This is a basic, simple recipe that can be easily customized.
- Add some chopped fresh dill or some dried Italian seasoning for more flavor.
- Use red onion instead of sweet onion.
- Use cherry tomatoes instead of regular tomatoes.
- Instead of apple cider vinegar, use rice wine vinegar, distilled white vinegar, or red wine vinegar.
- Olive oil can be used instead of vegetable oil.
- Peel the cucumbers or leave the skin on.
Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad is such a healthy way to enjoy fresh summer vegetables.
More Great Summer Recipes:
- Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Marinated Tomatoes
- Stewed Okra and Tomatoes
- Summer Squash and Onions
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Corn Salad
Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 sweet onion, cut into rings
- In a large bowl, whisk together water, vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Will keep for 3 to 5 days.
Want to Save This Recipe?
34 thoughts on “Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad”
I have not made this but I do intend to.
THIS WAS MY GRANDMA’S RECEIPE! SHE PASSED AND IVE BEEN TRYING TO DUPLICATE IT, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Easy to make & tastes great
I made this for the first time today and OMG, it’s amazing. Definitely a keeper
I’ve been making this for two summers in a row. It’s excellent.
We love this
I make this all the time. I use 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1/4cup of red wine vinegar in place of ACV. Love the taste the red wine vinegar adds.
I love this salad, I’m making it at least once a week. Really like keeping a bowl in the fridge.
Looks fresh and delicious, cannot wait to try
I am absolutely addicted to this! I add 2 tablespoons pf red wine vinegar and a teaspoon of dried dill. So YUM!!!