Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Salad makes a fantastic summer side. Sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions are tossed in a creamy dressing made from mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, and fresh dill.
Summer Ripe Tomatoes
Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Salad is best made with ripe summer tomatoes. They are so juicy and have such great flavor. I could eat them every single day during the summer.
The dressing is just a little creamy so that it is not too heavy. It’s light and refreshing and enhances the flavor of the tomatoes and cucumbers.
I use a sweet Vidalia onion for this recipe but a red onion would work well too.
If you want to add some spice, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
How To Serve Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Salad
This cool and creamy side dish goes great with burgers or grilled chicken.
Will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
More Summer Recipes To Try
- Cucumber Coleslaw– a great recipe for cucumbers!
- Creamy Spicy Cucumbers
- Chipotle Corn Salad– full of fresh summer corn, bacon, poblano peppers, and red bell pepper.
- Ginger Sesame Cucumbers– with tons of fresh ginger, these cucumbers definitely have some zip.
- Summer Succotash– a wonderful southern side full of corn, lima beans, and bacon with lots of vibrant colors.
- Fresh Corn and Zucchini Saute
Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 1 medium cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 sweet or red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and dill.
- Add cucumber, tomato, and onion. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted July 7, 2017.
This post may contain affiliate links.
5 thoughts on “Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Salad”
My mom made this when I was a child (50+ years ago). We all love this salad. Very refreshing on a hot summer day.
Took it to a July 4th party and it was gone in no time. Only thing different is I doubled the dill. I do that in all my recipes.
Love this salad!! Simple to make.
This was delicious. Left out the sugar, added radishes! Yum
I am going to try this, can you tell me how long it keeps in the fridge?