Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Salad makes a fantastic summer side. Sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions are tossed in a creamy dressing made from mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, and fresh dill.
Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Salad is best made with ripe summer tomatoes. They are so juicy and have such great flavor. I could eat them every single day during the summer.
The dressing is just a little creamy so that it is not too heavy. It’s light and refreshing and enhances the flavor of the tomatoes and cucumbers.
I use a sweet Vidalia onion for this recipe but a red onion would work well too.
This cool and creamy side dish goes great with burgers or grilled chicken.
Never miss a recipe. Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 1 medium cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 sweet or red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and dill.
- Add cucumber, tomato, and onion. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links.