Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is full of Tex-Mex flavor and is wonderfully filling and satisfying.
This is a dump-and-go crock pot recipe with no pre-cooking and easy clean-up. It’s a delicious Mexican meal that’s made mostly with pantry staples: picante sauce, condensed cream of chicken soup, Rotel tomatoes, canned black beans, and canned corn.
The base of this soup is 2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup which makes it wonderfully thick and creamy.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup only takes a little over 4 hours to make, but can be kept in the crock pot on the “warm” setting after that.
You only need 2 chicken breasts for this recipe so it’s a great way to stretch a little protein into a meal that will serve a lot of people. Very budget friendly!
A cup of shredded cheddar cheese mixed into the soup adds some cheese flavor. Sprinkle more on top when you serve it for extra cheese flavor.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe Tips:
Cut each chicken breast in half so it will cook faster.
To up the spice of this soup, use “Hot” Rotel tomatoes and “Hot” Picante sauce. I like to serve it with Cholulu sauce for even more heat.
If you don’t have corn tortillas, you can add a handful or two of tortilla chips to the soup.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days or frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Go crazy with the toppings. The more the better. Diced avocados, chopped cilantro, red onions, olives, pickled jalapenos, and sour cream are all great choices.
Dinner doesn’t get any easier or more flavorful than this enchilada soup!
Try These Other Easy Slow Cooker Soups:
- Crock Pot Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup
- Crock Pot Cheesy Ham and Corn Chowder
- Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups canned or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream and olives for serving, optional
- Stir together the first 8 ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add chicken and spoon the mixture over it to submerge it.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Add the tortillas and cheese and stir to mix them in. Cover and cook on LOW for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and serve with toppings.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.