Crock Pot Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty and satisfying soup full of browned ground beef, potatoes, and vegetables in a wonderful tomato broth.
This recipe makes a big batch and it reheats and freezes well. Pair it with a green salad with Creamy Italian Dressing and some fresh, crunchy bread and you have yourself a full meal that the whole family will enjoy.
How to Make Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup:
First you’ll brown some ground beef with some diced onion. To save time, go ahead and add the other ingredients to the crock pot while the beef cooks. Then it hardly takes any extra time to brown the beef. 🙂
Once everything is in the crock pot, give it a good stir. Place the lid on and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
Tips for Making:
- The spice comes from crushed red pepper flakes and Rotel tomatoes. Use “hot” Rotel tomatoes if you want more heat. Use mild if you want to keep the spice down.
- I use ground chuck, but you could use lean ground beef. You can skip the browning step if you wish and put the raw ground beef in the crock pot. You’ll want to cook it towards the longer end of the cooking time, maybe even slightly longer. I don’t recommend doing this with ground chuck. Your soup will be too greasy.
Prep this Crock Pot Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup in the morning and let it slow cook in the crock pot all day. You can cook it on LOW for 8 hours so it is perfect for a day when you are away from the house all day. You’ll come home to a warm crock pot of soup that’s ready to be ladled into bowls.
Try these other Crock Pot Soup Recipes:
- Crock Pot Creamy Potato Beer Cheese Soup
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Cheesy Ham and Corn Chowder
Are you a visual learner? Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to see all of our cooking videos.
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Crock Pot Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teapsoon black pepper
- Cook the beef and onion in a large nonstick skllet, crumbling the beef as it cooks. When beef is no longer pink, drain off the grease and transfer the beef/onion mixture to a 6-quart crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
Disclosure: Nutritional info is provided as an estimate only and can vary based on breands of products used, measuring techniques and cooking methods.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.