Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili is a creamy and rich white bean chili with shredded chicken, corn, fire-roasted tomatoes, buffalo sauce, and blue cheese. It’s the soup version of Buffalo Chicken Dip and a bowl of this spicy chicken chili will warm you up on the coldest of days.
Serve with a few tortilla chips on the side. You’ll want to dip them into this flavorful, cheesy chili.
A package of cream cheese makes this chili super thick, rich, and creamy. It gets added in towards the end so that it does not separate.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Chili
No prep is needed for this easy recipe. Three boneless, skinless chicken breasts get added to a 6-quart or larger crock pot along with 3 cups of chicken broth, a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes, 1 can of white beans (add a second can if you like lots of beans in your chili), a can of diced green chilies, 1 cup of corn, 1/2 cup of Buffalo sauce, a little diced celery, onion powder, garlic powder, and white pepper.
Everything gets cooked on LOW for 5 hours. Add the cream cheese and cook on LOW 30 more minutes to melt the cream cheese. Shred the chicken, add some shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and stir everything well to get it blended. Serve with blue cheese crumbles and green onions sprinkled on top. Plus more Buffalo sauce if you want it spicier.
How To Serve
This chili is great served with lots of toppings. I like to add sliced green onion and crumbled blue cheese on top. Other great toppings are chopped cilantro, diced avocado, shredded Pepper Jack cheese, and tortilla chips. Celery sticks make a nice accompaniment.
- Can be made with chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts.
- Be sure to use Buffalo Sauce, NOT hot Sauce.
- Make it spicier. Serve with hot sauce or add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the chili. You can also add some diced pickled jalapeno peppers.
How To Store
Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days or it can be frozen in a freezer bag for up to 2 months. When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Pimento Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
- Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced fire-roasted green chilies
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teapsoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut in chunks.
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Combine chicken, broth, diced tomatoes, white beans, chilies, wing sauce, corn, celery, onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, and salt in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Add cream cheese and cover and cook on LOW 30 more minutes. Open slow cooker and remove chicken. Add Monterey Jack cheese and sitr until cream cheese and Monterey Jack cheese are melted and blended in.
- Shred chicken and return to slow cooker. Dish into bowls and top with blue cheese crumbles and green onions.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted January 15, 2019.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.