Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas are full of hot sauce and blue cheese flavor. If you are a buffalo wing fan, you are going to love this fun twist on enchiladas.
Easy Chicken Filling
Using rotisserie chicken for the filling makes this recipe a breeze. The filling is seasoned with a packet of taco seasoning, a can of rotel tomatoes, Buffalo sauce, green onions, and shredded mexican cheese. Cheddar cheese can be used instead of Mexican cheese, but I like the milder flavor of a mexican cheese blend.
Creamy Spicy Sauce
The sauce is a simple mixture of cream cheese, a can of red enchilada sauce, and Buffalo sauce. The cream cheese adds a creamy texture to the sauce.
How Spicy Is This Dish?
The spice level of this dish can be elevated by using spicy taco seasoning or “Hot” Rotel tomatoes. Otherwise, the buffalo sauce gives it a medium spice level. You can reduce the amount of buffalo sauce if you want it less spicy.
Make Ahead and Storage
The filling ingredients can be mixed together a day in advance and refrigerated until needed. Leftovers will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Be sure to use softened cream cheese or it won’t blend into the sauce well.
Buffalo sauce is very salty. If you need to watch your sodium consumption, reduce the amount of Buffalo sauce and add a pinch of cayenne pepper to add some more heat.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Buffalo Shrimp
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup Buffalo sauce
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- chopped tomatoes and crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, taco seasoning, Rotel tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups shredded mexican cheese, 1/3 cup Buffalo sauce, and half the green onions. Set aside.
- Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place a little more than a half cup of chicken mixture just off the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese, enchilada sauce, and 1/4 cup of Buffalo sauce until smooth. Pour over enchiladas.
- Bale uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Drizzle with blue cheese dressing and top with remaining shredded cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining green onions, diced tomatoes and crumbled blue cheese.