Buffalo Chicken Pasta is an easy dinner that’s fantastically creamy and spicy. Wonderfully flavored with chopped chicken, lots of blue cheese, and some garlic and green onion.
This comfort food meal can be made start to finish in under 20 minutes. The sauce tastes like a creamy buffalo chicken dip coating the pasta. It is so rich and flavorful.
Everything is cooked on the stovetop using one or two pans, depending on whether you want to cook the sauce at the same time as the pasta or wait until the pasta is cooked and just use one pot.
If you like Buffalo Wings, this Buffalo Chicken Pasta will be irresistible. A combination of heavy cream and cream cheese creates a really thick, creamy sauce.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe Tips:
- I use Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce, but you can make a homemade wing sauce or use another brand. Just be sure to use wing sauce and not hot sauce.
- You’ll need 3 to 4 cups of chopped cooked chicken. I like to use rotisserie chicken. It is conveneient, economical, and flavorful. If you have some leftover baked or grilled chicken, it can be used instead.
- Any pasta shape can be used for this recipe. Rotini, shells, large elbow macaroni, and bow ties work well.
- Using 12 ounces of pasta gives just the rigth ratio of pasta to sauce, but you don’t have to worry about being accurate with this measurement. Just use approximately 3/4 of a 16-ounce box.
- Add a little cayenne pepper if it is not spicy enough for you.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Wing sauce, I use Frank's Red Hot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 to 4 cups chopped cooked chicken from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain but do not rinse. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute
- Add heavy cream, Buffalo Sauce, and pepper to saucepan. Cook until warm. Cut cream cheese into pieces and add to saucepan. Whisk until cream cheese is melted and smooth.
- Pour sauce over the pasta. Add chicken, blue cheese, and green onions, Stir to mix.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.