Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins are crispy on the outside and filled with a spicy buffalo chicken and cheese mixture. Drizzle them with blue cheese dressing and buffalo sauce for a spicy hot party appetizer!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins:
There are a few steps to making these Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins but they are so easy. First bake 10 small to medium russett potatoes until soft, about an hour. Let cool until cool enough to handle and then cut them in half and scoop out most of the insides. Grease both sides of the potatoes with oil and then bake them for 10 minutes. Flip them over and bake 10 more minutes. They will be nice and crispy on both sides.
To make the filling, use a hand-held mixer to beat the cream cheese and buffalo sauce. Be sure the cream cheese is plenty soft first are it will be lumpy when you beat it.
Stir in the chicken, ranch seasoning, and cheese.
Stuff the shells with the filling and bake for about 10 minutes.
To serve, drizzle with blue cheese dressing and buffalo sauce and sprinkle with green onions.
These potato skins have so much spicy flavor and are sure to be a hit.
Try These Other Buffalo Recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Buffalo Shrimp Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
- 6 small to medium russett potatoes
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, rotisserie chicken is perfect
- 2 teaspoons ranch seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- sliced green onions
- Blue Cheese dressing
- Scrub and dry the potatoes. Pierce each one with a fork or a knife. Rub each potato with olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake potatoes for 1 hour. Let cool until cool enough to handle.
- Cut each potato in half horizontally. Scoop out the pulp, leaving 1/4 of an inch. Save pulp for another use. It is great for thickening soups.
- Turn oven heat up to 450 degrees. Coat both sides of potatoes with oil. Lightly season both sides of potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake cut side down for 10 minutes. Flip over and bake 10 more minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand-held electric mixer to beat cream cheese and Buffalo sauce until smooth.
- Stir in chicken, ranch seasoning, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Divide mixture between potato skins. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with blue cheese dressing, extra Buffalo sauce, and sprinkle with green onions.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.