This easy Buffalo Shrimp Dip makes a spicy and delicious party appetizer. This creamy, warm, and cheesy dip has the flavor of Buffalo wings. There’s plenty of hot sauce plus some blue cheese sprinkled on top. Serve with celery sticks or crackers for the perfect gameday food.
There are so many great ways to serve this dip. If you have any leftovers, use them as an omelet filling or top a baked potato with them. Buffalo Shrimp Dip also tastes fantastic mixed in with pasta.
The amount of hot sauce in the recipe makes it mildly spicy. To spice it up more just drizzle some additional hot sauce on top.
When you saute the shrimp, only partially cook them. They’ll cook more in the oven and you don’t want them to get overcooked and rubbery. I use cream cheese as a base for this dip with a little mayonnaise mixed in. You could use sour cream instead of mayonnaise. I mix in a mixture of mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese, but you could use all one or the other. Monterey Jack or Colby cheese would work well too.
More Shrimp Recipes
Buffalo Shrimp Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Frank's), divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a baking dish. You can use a pie plate or 8-inch square baking pan. A cast iron pan works well too.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Set aside about 1 tablespoon of green onions for garnish. Add the shrimp and the remaining green onion to the pan and cook just until shrimp is about half way cooked. It will finish cooking in the oven.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of hot sauce over shrimp mixture and set aside.
- Place cream cheese, mayonnaise, and remaining hot sauce in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir in shrimp mixture.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with reserved green onions and the blue cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with crackers and celery sticks.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.