Creamy Tuscan Shrimp are coated in a thick, rich, and creamy Parmesan sauce with spinach, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. Serve over pasta or with toasted French baguette as an appetizer. These shrimp are incredibly delicious!
Since I moved to Charelston last month, I promised you lots of shrimp recipes. The fresh local shrimp here are to die for! So far I’ve made Spicy Shrimp Dip , Cajun Shrimp and Corn Chowder, and New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp.
If this Creamy Tuscan Shrimp appeals to you, check out this Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken. It’s fabulous!
Creamy Tuscan Shrimp is the perfect dish to impress your guests and once you get the shrimp peeled, it’s really quick and easy to put together. This dish can be made in under 20 minutes start to finish. Got to love that!
For extra flavor, the oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes is used to cook the shrimp. I learned that trick from this recipe for Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce.
There’s 1/3 cup of white wine in this recipe but you could sub vegetable broth or even chicken broth.
Shimp by themselves taste divine, but even better when swimming in garlic and Parmesan cream sauce! You will love these Creamy Tuscan Shrimp!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and tails left on if desired
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), drain the oil
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to pan along with garlic.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp is cooked. Remove shrimp and garlic with a slotted spoon to a plate and set aside.
- If necessary, add a touch more oil to the pan. Cook onion until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add basil and red pepper flakes.
- Add wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and heavy cream. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and stir in Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Add spinach and return shrimp and garlic to skillet. Stir to wilt the spinach. Serve with pasta if desired.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adpted from Cafe Delites
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.