Spicy Party Shrimp only take 5 minutes to cook and they really pack the flavor! Fresh shrimp are marinated in a flavorful and spicy marinade made from a packet of Italian dressing mix, oil, and a few spices. After an hour or two in the marinade, they only take 5 to 7 minutes to broil. This easy party appetizer is always a hit.
Marinated in a blend of Italian Dressing Mix, oil, and spices, these fresh shrimp are a mouthwatering delight. The addition of cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes will give your taste buds a flavor delight.
Quick and Easy Shrimp Recipe
Shrimp make the best party appetizer because they are so quick and easy to make. Peeling the shrimp does take some time but you can do it in advance or pay extra for the shrimp that are already peeled.
This recipe is slightly adapted from the South Your Mouth Some More Cookbook authored by Mandy Rivers of the South Your Mouth blog and it is one of my favorite shrimp recipes. It has so many good recipes in it.
You can use either medium or large shrimp for this recipe. I like to use both a little cayenne pepper and a few red pepper flakes for the heat. They each add a different flavor and heat. The packet of Italian dressing mix really helps flavor the shrimp up.
What Is Italian Dressing Mix?
Italian Dressing Mix is a packet or seasonings that you mix with oil and vinegar to make a salad dressing. I use Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix. You can find it with the bottle salad dressings at the grocery store.
How To Serve Spicy Party Shrimp
Spicy Party Shrimp make a great appetizer and you can also serve them as a main dish. Just before serving, you can squeeze a little fresh lemon juice on top. These shrimp are so flavorful you really don’t need a dipping sauce but you can serve them with a remoulade sauce or tartar sauce. If you have any leftover, toss them on a salad for lunch for a delightful lunch.
More Shrimp Appetizers
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Buttery Broiled Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Pepper Jelly Glaze
- New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp
- Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp
- Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp
- Shrimp Wonton Chips
- Bourbon Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- Place shrimp in a large ziptop bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients together. Pour into bag with shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Evenly space shrimp on baking sheet.
- Broil for 5 to 7 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.