Spicy Party Shrimp only take 5 minutes to cook and they really pack the flavor! Fresh shrimp are marinated in a flavorful and spicy marinade made from a packet of Italian dressing mix, oil, and a few spices. After an hour or two in the marinade, they only take 5 to 7 minutes to broil. This easy party appetizer is always a hit.
Shrimp make the best party appetizer becasue they are so quick and easy to make. Peeling the shrimp does take some time but you can do it in advance or pay extra for the shrimp that are already peeled.
You can use either medium or large shrimp for this recipe. I like to use both a little cayenne pepper and a few red pepper flakes for the heat. They each add a different flavor and heat. The packet of Italian dressing mix really helps flavor the shrimp up.
Spicy Party Shrimp make a great appetizer and you can also serve them as a main dish. If you have any leftover, toss them on a salad for lunch.
More Shrimp Appetizers
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Buttery Broiled Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Pepper Jelly Glaze
- New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- Place shrimp in a large ziptop bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients together. Pour into bag with shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Evenly space shrimp on baking sheet.
- Broil for 5 to 7 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
You Might Also Like this Spicy Shrimp Dip. Watch the video below to see how to make it.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.