Buttery Broiled Shrimp can be made in just minutes and will disappear even faster. Coated in herbs and spices, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and butter, these Broiled Shrimp work as a party appetizer or main dish. Serve leftovers over grits for a delicious southern breakfast.
You’ll need lots of fresh bread to mop up the buttery sauce. It’s every bit as good as the shrimp themselves.
It takes less than 5 minutes to prep these Buttery Broiled Shrimp. Maybe a little longer if you factor in peeling the shrimp.
Just peel the shrimp, leave the tails on if you desire. Spread them out on a baking sheet and top with a spice mixture of garlic powder, creole seasoning, cayenne pepper, paprika, and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle on some lemon juice and Worcestersire sauce, and slivers of butter. Then roast for about 10 to 12 minutes. Watch the shrimp closely and be careful not to overcook. Overcooked shrimp will have a rubbery texture.
Broil for just a minute or two to up the flavor some and these Buttery Broiled Shrimp are ready to serve. Easy Peasy.
Recipe Tip: If you don’t have access to fresh shrimp, you can use frozen shrimp. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. The size of your shrimp will effect the cooking time, so use it as an estimate.
If you want these shrimp to be extra spicy, double the amount of cayenne pepper.
Buttery Broiled Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, cut into slivers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, Italian seasoning, Creole seasoning, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle spice mixture on shrimp.
- Sprinkle Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice over shrimp.
- Evenly scatter butter slivers over shrimp.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes.
More Shrimp Recipes
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.