Baked Honey Cajun Shrimp are a quick and easy dinner that takes just 10 minutes to cook. The balance of sweet and spicy is pure perfection. Tastes great served over rice with steamed broccoli or a salad.
To make this amazingly easy and delicious meal, shrimp are briefly marinated in a mixture of honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic, olive oil, and butter. Then they are baked for about 10 minutes.
This recipe can easily be scaled up or down. I find that 1.5 pounds of shrimp is enough for 4 people to have a generous amount.
These Baked Honey Cajun Shrimp also make an awesome appetizer.
Tips for making Baked Honey Cajun Shrimp:
- You can use any size shrimp you like for this recipe. The cooking time will need to be adjusted just slightly for smaller shrimp or super-sized shrimp.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. They are done when they have turned opaque with no grey, translucent areas left.
- I leave the tails on because I think they present better that way, but you could remove them.
- To save time, purchase shrimp that have already been peeled and deveined.
More Shrimp Recipes:
- Chile and Garlic Shrimp
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Deviled Shrimp
- New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp
- Skinny Shrimp Etouffee
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk first 7 ingredients together. Gradually whisk in olive oil.Stir in shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place shrimp and marinade in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.