Deviled Shrimp is an easy to make, super spicy shrimp dish. The shrimp are coated in a thick tomato sauce that’s packed with spicy flavor from chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and cholula hot sauce.
This dish is so easy to make and can be on the table in just 20 minutes. It can be served as an appetizer or over rice as a full meal.
This bold, spicy dish is one of my favorite ways to eat shrimp. But let me tell you- this Deviled Shrimp is not for the weak of heart. It is SPICY!
How to make Deviled Shrimp:
First you’ll saute some onion and lots of garlic in butter. Next, add the shrimp and cook just until the shrimp turn pink. Remove the shrimp from the pan. Hint- you want the shrimp a little undercooked at this point because they will cook a little more when you add them back to the pan.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes. Return the shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring to coat them well with the sauce. That’s how easy it is to make Deviled Shrimp!
This Mexican shrimp dish can be served over rice for a spicy seafood dinner. I also think it tastes great as a taco filling.
A little fresh cilantro tastes great sprinkled on top and diced avocado is another great addition.
More Shrimp Recipes:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 can chipotle peppers in adobo, finely chopped or processed in a mini food processor
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cholula hot sauce
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, just until they turn pink. You want them a little undercooked at this point because they will finish cooking later. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside. Leave as much of the onion and garlic in the pan as possible, but it's ok if some is stuck to the shrimp.
- Add tomato paste to the skillet and stir it into the onion.
- Add diced tomatoes, chipotle peppers, orange juice, and hot sauce and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Return shrimp to skillet and stir to coat in sauce. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro.
Want to Save This Recipe?
1 thought on “Deviled Shrimp”
Thank you for sharing delicious recipes
where can we buy tge sauce