My husband is always ordering Buffalo Chicken this or that at restaurants. I thought that Buffalo Chicken Sliders would be a nice treat for him. (He’s predominantly a meat-and-potatoes type of guy and isn’t always so appreciative of my adventures in the kitchen.)
Normally if you get a Buffalo Chicken wrap or sandwich at a restaurant, it’s deep fried before being coated in hot sauce. These sliders are a little more on the healthy side. Now, I’m not kidding myself into believing this is a super healthy meal. But the chicken is grilled instead of fried and there is no flour coating. If you go easy on the blue cheese sauce and use low-fat mayo and sour cream to make it, it can definitely be considered a lightened up version.
I used really small dinner rolls to make these. It’s hit or miss finding slider buns at my market. I cut the chicken into almost bite-sized pieces to fit the rolls. Be mindful to cut your chicken to fit the size of your buns and keep in mind that the chicken will shrink some as it cooks.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders are perfect for game day and with their miniature size kids love them too.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- cooking spray
- 18 slider buns or Parkerhouse-style rolls
- coarsely shredded lettuce
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- Cut each chicken breast into 6 pieces (or to fit your buns). Place in a large ziptop bag with the Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Seal bag and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan lightly coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Remove chicken pieces from bag and place on grill pan. Grill 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- To serve, place shredded lettuce on bottom of buns, top with chicken and blue cheese sauce. Cover with bun tops.