This Buffalo Pimento Cheese is a fun, spicy twist on classic pimento cheese. In addition to your typical pimento cheese ingredients it also contains hot sauce and lots of crumbled blue cheese. It’s the perfect party food when served on crackers or corn chips.
A Southern Favorite
Pimento Cheese is one of my favorite southern foods and I love to do variations of it and use it in different ways. Whether it be a Pimento Cheese Pizza, Pimento Cheese Burger, or Pimento Cheese Fritters, pimento cheese is always delicious.
Pimento Cheese is a southern as it gets. It’s basically a party spread or dip made with shredded Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and diced pimentos.
It’s super easy to make and takes just minutes to throw together.
How To Serve
Pimento cheese is great served with crackers and makes a delicious sandwich filling. To make a low carb appetizer, serve with celery sticks and cucumber slices.
You’ll definitely want to go to the trouble of shredding your own cheese though rather than buying pre-shredded. The flavor is much better.
Pimento cheese will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 days.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
More Pimento Cheese Recipes
- Classic Pimento Cheese
- Tex-Mex Pimento Cheese
- Roasted Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- Ham and Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
- Baked Pimento Cheese Dip
Buffalo Pimento Cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8-ounce) package extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) jar chopped pimentos, drained well
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise in a medium bowl and use a fork to mix them well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted February 1, 2017.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
4 thoughts on “Buffalo Pimento Cheese”
Delicious sand easy to prepare.
How much does this yield? I’m thinking just over a cup – maybe a cup and a half? Thank you!
Sounds delicious. Would you have a suggestion on an alternative instead of blue cheese? Thank you.
This is such a creative appetizer, Christin! I love the spicy flavor of this cheese. I bet this would be the hit of any party!