Pimento Cheese Pizza- this southern pizza is a delightful combination of pimento cheese, jalapeno peppers, and bacon. Topped with arugula, it makes an easy lunch or light dinner.
My daughter and I are about to begin day 3 of our road trip together. So far our trip has gone better than expected, except for getting stuck in rush hour traffic in Atlanta yesterday. Wednesday we spent in Greenville, SC biking the Swamp Rabbit Trail, shopping in downtown Greenville, and walking around Falls Park. Greenville is such a lovely place, I can’t help but want to live there some day.
Yesterday we went to the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coke, and walked around Centennial Park. The Aquarium was amazing, especially the dolphin show, the Beluga Whales, and the Whale Sharks. The whole aquarium was a sea of people, I can’t remember seeing so many people in one place before.
Today we are taking it easy and the only thing on our agenda is the drive down to Mobile, AL from our current location in Opelika, AL. While I have a little rest time I wanted to share a recipe that I’ve been meaning to post for a while. Pimiento Cheese Pizza is a favorite of mine at a local restaurant in Charlotte called Brixx Pizza.
The combination of pimento cheese, bacon, jalapenos, and peppery arugula on a pizza crust is really amazing (if you like pimento cheese).
I’ve used a prepared (Boboli) crust, but it would be even better if you made your own. Making pizza dough and rolling it out isn’t always a strong suit for me and I wanted this to be quick and easy.
Although you can use a packaged pimiento cheese, I recommend making your own. The sharpness of the cheese flavor is so much more pronounced in homemade pimiento cheese.
Try These Other Amazing Pimento Cheese Recipes:
- Pimento Cheese– if you want to use homemade pimento cheese for this pizza, this is a great recipe.
- Ham and Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
- Buffalo Pimento Cheese
- Tex-Mex Pimento Cheese
- 1 premade pizza crust, I used Boboli thin crust
- 1 cup prepared pimiento cheese, packaged or homemade
- ½ jalapeno pepper, minced
- 5 to 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups baby arugula or baby spinach
- Heat oven to 400°. Stir jalapeno into pimento cheese.
- Spread pizza crust with pimento cheese. (Note: you may want to use less that 1 cup depending on how cheesy you want the pizza.)
- Sprinkle bacon over pizza.
- Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes to warm and melt the cheese. Top with arugula and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published Jul 26, 2013