Tuscan Stuffed Chicken is stuffed with a creamy filling made from cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. So much great flavor!
Slow Cooker Creamy Tuscan Chicken and Creamy Tuscan Shrimp are two of my favorite recipes, so I’m on a mission to come up with as many Tuscan-style recipes as possible. Tuscan flavors are bold and flavorful and the perfect way to liven up a boring old chicken breast.
Tips for making Tuscan Stuffed Chicken:
- Don’t forget to season the inside of the chicken too.
- Cram as much filling as you can get in the pocket, but try to resist overstuffing it. It will just ooze out as it cooks.
- Use toothpicks to keep the chicken breasts closed if you need to.
- You’ll want to use sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. They have so much more flavor, plus you’ll use some of the oil to saute the chicken.
- Stuffing chicken breasts is a really easy way to add lots of flavor to lean chicken meat. The hardest part is cutting the pocket in the chicken. You don’t want to risk cutting through the other side, but you want to make sure the pocket is plenty big to hold lots of filling so that you get some filling in every bite.
- You’ll want to use an oven-proof pan for this recipe. First you’ll sear the chicken on the stove to get the exterior nice and golden. But the oven is a great way to finish cooking the chicken without drying it out.
- If you don’t have an ovenproof pan, you can just transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
More Stuffed Chicken Recipes:
- Spinach-Feta Stuffed Chicken
- Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Bacon-Wrapped Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
- Bacon, Mushroom, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Greek Stuffed Chicken
Tuscan Stuffed Chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- wooden toothpicks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oil from sun-dried tomato jar
- In a medium bowl stir together cream cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic powder, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning until evenly mixed. Set aside.
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Sprinkle the outside of the chicken and inside the pocket with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the outside of the chicken with paprika.
- Stuff each pocket with cream cheese mixture. Secure each opening with a few toothpicks.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil and sun-dried tomato oil in an oven-proof skillet. (Either cast iron or stainless steel work well for this.)
- Add chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on the bottom. Flip over and cook until browned on the other side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook another 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.