Sometimes plain ole chicken breasts can get a little boring. Stuffing them with a variety of ingredients can really liven them up. The options are endless. You can add a whole lot of flavor and still keep them healthy.
I’ve stuffed these chicken breasts with a mixture of spinach, onion, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes plus some lemon zest, fresh dill, and red pepper flakes for a Greek-style chicken dinner.
To serve with them, I roasted some baby potatoes with olive oil and salt until soft and crispy.
What are your favorite ingredients to stuff chicken with?
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ½ a sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes.
- Rinse spinach and place wet spinach in skillet with onions. Stir for about 30 seconds. Once spinach is lightly wilted, remove skillet from heat.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl and pour boiling water to cover over them. Let soak for 3-5 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. Slice sun-dried tomatoes and add to mixture in skillet along with lemon zest, feta cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, dill, and red pepper flakes.
- Preheat oven to 375º. Lay chicken breasts out on a work surface. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Divide filling evenly and place on center of each chicken piece. Roll and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Place rolled-up chicken breasts in pan seam side down. Saute for 3 minutes, flip over and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Place skillet in oven for 5-7 minutes to finish cooking. Remember- handle of pan will be hot when removing from oven. I forget this sometimes 🙁
Want to Save This Recipe?