Bacon Wrapped Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken is a low carb meal packed with flavor. Can be made start to finish in under 30 minutes.
This is such a delicious chicken dinner. The salty cunchiness of the bacon combined with a creamy filling is so tasty.
The tasty filling is made from only 4 ingredients: spinach, mayonnaise, feta cheese, and garlic. It is a bit salty and creamy. The bacon wrapped around the chicken adds a salty, crispy finish but also helps keep the filling in place.
The stuffed chicken breasts are first briefly cooked in a skillet to crisp the bacon and then finish cooking in the oven. This meal can be amde in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for a weeknight meal.
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken:
- Go ahead and preheat the oven to 350 degrees so that it is ready.
- Stir together the filling ingredients in a small bowl. If you want to make this dish spicy, add 1/2 a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to the filling.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fill each pocket with filling and wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast, securing with a toothpick.
- Heat a little olive oil in an ovenproof skillet. Cook the chicken for about 3 minutes per side to start the process of getting the bacon crispy.
- Transfer to the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. The juices should run clear and the chicken should no longer be pink. Remove the toothpicks before serving.
This recipe is easily customizable. Add a little shredded Parmesan cheese to the filling for extra flavor or instead of the feta. A few chopped artichoke hearts can also be added. Softened cream cheese can be used instead of mayonnaise.
I love stuffing chicken breasts. White chicken meat can sometimes be a little dry, bland, and boring. Stuffing the chicken is such an easy way to add flavor.
Try These Other Stuffed Chicken Recipes:
- Tuscan Stuffed Chicken
- Greek Stuffed Chicken
- Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Bacon, Mushroom, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Squeeze spinach between paper towels to get rid of most of the water.
- Mix together spinach, feta cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each chicken breast with spinach mixture. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet.
- Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Transfer pan to oven and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked all the way through.