Ham and Pimento Cheese Pinwheels- sliced ham and a creamy mixture of cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, and diced pimentos are rolled up in a large flour tortilla and sliced into pinwheels.
This easy recipe makes a great lunch or party appetizer and they are very kid-friendly.
Pimento cheese is one of the most southern foods there is and it is truly versatile. When combined with ham you have a spectacular flavor combination.
How To Make Ham and Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
You’ll start by making the homemade pimento cheese. Combine a softened block of cream cheese (the softer the better so it will be easy to mix in), 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, a little garlic powder, and a drained jar of diced pimentos.
Next, place the tortillas on a plate and cover them with a paper towel. Microwave for 20 seconds. Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on each tortilla. Lay the ham slices on top and roll them up tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour before slicing.
Tips For Making
- Shred a block of cheddar cheese yourself. It will have much better flavor than the preshredded cheese.
- I use the largest flour tortillas, the burrito size. But medium-sized tortilla will work as well.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container or a ziptop bag.
Pinwheels are such a great party appetizer. Try these other adaptations.
- Chicken, Bacon, and Cheddar Pinwheels
- Muffaletta Pinwheels
- Chicken Cranberry Pinwheels
- Tuscan Chicken Pinwheels
- Spicy Italian Pinwheels
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Ham and Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheedar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced ham
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.Use a wooden spoon to mix together evenly.
- Stir in pimentos.
- Place tortillas on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 20 seconds. This will make them more pliable so they won't rip.
- Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on each one, going to within 1/2-inch of the edges.
- Arrange the ham slices on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll each tortilla up tightly and wrapi n plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Cut into slices just before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
2 thoughts on “Ham and Pimento Cheese Pinwheels”
Excellent recipe! Have made this a few times now & everyone loves them. I have also just made the pimiento cheese to serve with crackers. I do use the cayenne pepper but not quite I/4 teaspoon. Makes it a bit spicy & interesting but not hot.
Can these be made a day ahead?