Chicken, Bacon and Cheddar Pinwheels- these creamy tortilla roll-ups are the ultimate party appetizer. Full of diced chicken, chopped bacon, shredded cheddar, green onions, Ranch seasoning and cream cheese.
This quick and easy party favorite only takes minutes to prepare. Then it needs a little time in the refrigerator to chill.
Anytime I have a party or a potluck to go to, pinwheels are a top choice. Scroll down for more Pinwheel Recipes.
They are also wonderful for tailgating and make an awesome school lunch for your kids. What I like most about them, besides the awesome flavor, is they can be made a day or two in advance.
Ingredients needed to make Chicken, Bacon and Cheddar Pinwheels:
- Cooked Chicken- Rotisserie chicken is perfect. Leftover turkey can be used as well.
- Cream Cheese
- Bacon- cooked and crumbled
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Ranch seasoning- I use Hidden Valley
- Green onions
- Large flour tortillas
Tips for making:
- Cover the flour tortillas with a damp paper towel and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. They will be much more pliable and less likely to tear.
- Spread the filling evenly on the tortillas and almost to the edges.
- Tightly roll the tortillas.
More Pinwheel Recipes:
Chicken, Bacon and Cheddar Pinwheels
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced cooked chicken
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 3 large flour tortillas
- Place cream cheese, Ranch seasoning and milk in a large bowl.Use a hand-held mixer to beat it until smooth.
- Stir in the chicken and bacon until mixed in evenly.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and green onion.
- Place tortilas on a microwave-safe plate with a damp paper towel on top. Microwave for 20 seconds. (This will make them more pliable and prevent them from tearing when you roll them up.)
- Spread 1/3 of the mixture on each tortilla. Roll them up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Slice and serve.