Greek Salad Pinwheels are full of feta cheese, cucumbers, pepperoncini peppers, olives, and tomatoes wrapped up in spinach tortillas. With a cool and creamy veggie-loaded filling, they make a great summer party food or light lunch.
These vegetarian pinwheels have so much flavor.
The creamy base is a mixture of cream cheese and Greek yogurt and it is flavored with a little pepperoncini juice.
I loooove Greek food. Olives, feta cheese, pepperoncini peppers, oregano. They are all so good.
Greek Salad Pinwheels Recipe Tips:
This recipe is totally customizable. Leave the olives out if you don’t like them. Add some diced, cooked chicken for a little protein. Some chopped fresh baby spinach is another good addition.
Use gluten-free tortillas to make this recipe gluten-free.
Remove the seeds from the cucumbers and tomatoes. They add too much liquid and have no flavor. I also like to spread the chopped cucumbers and tomatoes out on paper towels for a few minutes to get rid of excess liquid.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing to firm them up.
A sharp, serrated knife is best for getting nice, clean slices.
Can be made 1 day in advance, but the tortillas start to get a little soggy tasting after about 24 hours.
Try These Other Pinwheel Recipes:
- Tuscan Chicken Pinwheels
- Spicy Italian Pinwheels
- Ham and Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
- Chicken, Bacon, and Cheddar Pinwheels
- Chicken Cranberry Pinwheels
Greek Salad Pinwheels
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (6-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup finely diced cucumber, remove the skin and seeds before dicing
- 3/4 cup finley diced roma or grape tomatoes, remove the seeds before dicing
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 4 (10 to 12-inch) spinach tortillas
- In a medium bowl use a wooden spoon or hand-held mixer to mix cream cheese and yogurt until smooth.Stir in feta cheese, pepperoncini peppers, parsley, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and red onion.
- Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate. Top with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on each tortilla.Spread 1/4 of the cucumber mixture on top of the cream cheese.
- Roll each tortilla into a log shape. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap.Refrigerate for 1 to 8 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut into pinwheels.