Chicken Cranberry Pinwheels have a creamy and delicious filling made from chopped chicken, cream cheese, toasted pecans, celery, green onion, dried cranberries and feta cheese. They make a great appetizer, lunch, or brunch addition.
The dried cranberries add a wonderful sweetness to these tortilla roll-ups. I absolutely love them in chicken salad. These Chicken Cranberry Pinwheels are so scrumptious, you’ll lose track of how many you eat.
Tips for making Chicken Cranberry Pinwheels:
- For best results, briefly heat the tortillas in a microwave with a damp paper towel placed on top of them. This makes them more pliable and they are less likely to rip when you roll them up.
- I like the crunch that celery adds, but if you don’t like celery, leave it out.
- If you want to add some more color and nutrition, place a layer of baby spinach leaves on the tortillas before you roll them up.
- If you are making these for a holiday party, try using spinach tortillas for a festive look.
- Use any kind of cooked chicken. I typically use rotisserie chicken, but grilled or baked chicken works too. You could even use leftover turkey.
- These pinwheels can be made up to 3 days in advance. Keep them wrapped tightly and wait until just before serving to cut into slices. Once they are sliced, it is more difficult to keep them wrapped tightly and they will start to dry out.
More Chicken Salad Recipes:
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Salad
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Tropical Chicken Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Chicken Cranberry Pinwheels
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard until smooth.
- Stir in the chicken, celery, green onion, dried cranberries, pecans, and feta cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place flour tortillas on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds.
- Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on each tortilla. Roll them up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Slice into 1-inch slices.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.