Golden Chicken Salad is a creamy chicken salad with celery, green onion, golden raisins, and toasted wlanuts. It makes a great sandwich and I also love to serve it on a bed of lettuce with Club crackers.
This Golden Chicken Salad can be put together in about 5 to 10 minutes. It’s so easy and so much better than store-bought chicken salad.
I love the sweetness that the golden raisins add. Combined with the crunch of the toasted walnuts, they make this recipe a real winner.
Tips for making Golden Chicken Salad:
- For convenience, I like to use rotisserie chicken, but you could use poached chicken breasts or any leftover chicken that you have.
- Golden Chicken Salad will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. Be sure to wrap it well in plastic wrap. The walnuts will lose their crunch so keep them separate if that is an issue.
What substitutions can be made?
- Use Craisins or regular raisins instead or golden raisins.
- Pecans or almonds can be used instead of walnuts.
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper to make it a little spicy.
- Instead of all mayonnaise, try using a combination of mayonnaise and sour cream or Greek yogurt.
More Chicken Salad Recipes:
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
- Tropical Chicken Salad
- Avocado Sonoma Chicken Salad
Golden Chicken Salad
- 4 cups finely diced, cooked chicken
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 celery rib, finley diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT walnuts in a bowl. Stir well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top and serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.