Sausage Pimento Cheese Dip- an easy, creamy, and cheesy southern dip that’s great for gameday or as a party appetizer.
This recipe is very similar to Rotel Sausage Dip, but it has the addition of pimento cheese. The pimentos add extra flavor and the mayonnaise in the pimento cheese makes the dip extra creamy and rich. I use store-bought pimento cheese. I like both Palmetto Cheese and Callie’s Pimento Cheese.
How To Serve Sausage Pimento Cheese Dip
I love this dip served with Frito Corn Scoops, but it is also great with tortilla chips, crackers, toasted baguette or ladle over crinkle fries for a southern take on cheese fries.
- 1 Pound Breakfast Sausage– I use Jimmy Dean. Use “Hot” sausage if you want the dip spicier. Note: Italian sausage can be used instead of breakfast sausage.
- Jalapeno– added for heat. Leave it out if you don’t want the dip spicy.
- Cream Cheese– I recommend full-fat cream cheese. Take it out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before making the dip so it will melt evenly.
- Rotel Tomatoes– use “Hot” Rotel Tomatoes if you want the dip extra-spicy. No need to drain the tomatoes.
- Pimento Cheese– I use store-bought pimento cheese for ease and convenience. You want an 11 to 12-ounce container.
- Green Onions– added for a little extra flavor.
How To Make Sausage Pimento Cheese Dip
(More detailed instructions in recipe card below.)
- Brown and crumble the sausage. Add the jalapeno and cook for 1 minute to soften.
- Add cream cheese, Rotel tomatoes, and Pimento Cheese s
- and cook on LOW until melted.
- Stir in half the green onion and sprinkle the rest on top.
Can I Use Homemade Pimento Cheese?
Yes! You can substitute homemade pimento cheese. You will need about 1 cup.
Once you add the pimento cheese to the skillet, be sure to turn the heat to LOW. If you get it too hot, it will separate and look very unappetizing.
More Warm and Creamy Dip Recipes
- Baked Pimento Cheese Dip
- Philly Cheese Steak Dip
- Spicy Shrimp Dip
- Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip
- Hot Jalapeno Bacon Spinach Dip
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 11 to 12 ounces pimento cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Brown and crumble the sausage in a large nonstick skillet. Drain grease.
- Add jalapeno and cook 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese, Rotel tomatoes, and pimento cheese.Turn heat to low and stir until cream cheese and pimento cheese are melted.
- Stir in half the green onion. Transfer dip to a serving bowl.Sprinkle remaining green onions on top.Serve with corn chips.