3-Ingredient Rotel Sausage Dip is a classic party favorite and is so easy to make. You really won’t find a simpler recipe than this one. Only 3 ingredients but it has so much flavor.
Ready in 15 Minutes
This recipe is so quick and easy! It really might be the world’s easiest and most delicious sausage dip.
Ingredients Needed For Rotel Sausage Dip
- 1 Pound Sausage– I use Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage, but you can use Italian Sausage. If it comes in casings, remove the sausage from the casings.
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese– softened and cut into cubes so it melts easily.
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes– use “Hot” if you want the dip spicy.
How To Serve
Makes a great gameday or potluck dip. Serve it with either corn chips or tortilla chips. I most love it with Frito Scoops.
How To Spice It Up or Down
Use spicy sausage and “Hot” Rotel Tomatoes if you want it extra spicy. Or just use either spicy sausage or “Hot” Rotel if you want a medium spice level. Use mild of each if you don’t want it spicy.
Use More Cream Cheese
Some recipes use double the amount of cream cheese, but I like there to be a high ratio of sausage to cream cheese. If you want more cream cheese, use 16 ounces for a creamier dip.
Recipe Tips For 3-Ingredient Rotel Sausage Dip
Garnish with sliced green onion or sliced olives or fresh cilantro for more flavor.
Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese for more cheese flavor.
Use ground beef instead of sausage for an equally delicious dip.
Don’t drain the Rotel tomatoes. You want all the delicious juices to flavor the dip.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days and can be reheated in a microwave, in a pot over low heat, or in a slow cooker. A slow cooker is great because it will keep it warm while you serve it.
More Easy Dip Recipes
- Mississippi Sin Dip
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Dip
- 4-Ingredient Beef Enchilada Dip
- Neiman Marcus Dip
- Baked Pimento Cheese Dip
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, I use Jimmy Dean
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- Brown and crumble the sausage over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet.Drain off any excess grease.
- Add cream cheese cubes and Rotel tomatoes. Stir over medium-low heat until cream cheese is melted.