Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Dip- this creamy cheesy dip with diced chicken and bacon is flavored with BBQ Sauce. Serve with tortilla chips and you have an awesome gameday dip.
Ingredients Needed For Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Dip
- Cream Cheese– cut into cubes so it will melt more easily.
- Cooked Chicken– I use rotissierie chicken but you can use any cooked chicken.
- BBQ Sauce– see below.
- Bacon– cooked and crumbled.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese– for best flavor grate your own.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Green Onions– chopped red onion can be used instead.
- Cilantro– optional. If you don’t like cilantro, don’t use it.
Type Of BBQ Sauce To Use
I like one that adds some sweetness so that it tastes like the dip version of BBQ Chicken Pizza. I typically use Sweet Baby Rays or KC Masterpiece. How much or how little BBQ Sauce you use is really up to you. I like to add about 3/4 cup of sauce to the dip and then drizzle about another 1/4 cup on top just before serving.
- Cheese Grater– This is the perfect cheese grater.
- 4-quart Slow Cooker– I love the size and shape of this 4-quart Slow Cooker.
Cooking time can vary greatly between slow cookers. You just need to cook it long enough for the cheese to completely melt. It should take 1 1/2 to 2 hours on LOW.
Spice It Up
To make this dip spicy, either use spicy BBQ Sauce or add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
More Slow Cooker Dip Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Nacho Dip
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Taco Dip
- Slow Cooker Reuben Dip
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Crock Pot Crab Artichoke Dip
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Dip
- Cheese Grater
- 16 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a greased 4-quart slow cooker, stir together cream cheese, chicken, 3/4 cup BBQ sauce, half the bacon, 1 cup cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Stir until cream cheese is completely mixed in. Drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce. Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions on top.
- Turn to warm and place lid back on for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.