Slow Cooker Chicken Nacho Dip- this warm, cheesy dip is full of chicken, black beans, and jalapeno. Makes a tasty gameday dip!
Spicy Southern Kitchen participates in affiliate advertising programs. We may earn a commission when you make a purchase through links on our site.
A combination of Velveeta cheese and cream cheese forms a really creamy, cheesy dip. To make it even creamier and cheesier, there’s a little sour cream and some cheddar cheese. This easy dip is a real crowd pleaser. It also makes a great cheese sauce for nachos.
Equipment Needed For Slow Cooker Chicken Nacho Dip
You want to use a smallish slow cooker for this recipe. This 4-quart slow cooker is perfect. If you don’t have a small slow cooker, you can make it in a larger slow cooker and reduce the cooking time a little.
How Long To Cook
The dip just needs to stay in the slow cooker long enough for the cheese to melt and all the flavors to blend. This should take 1 1/2 to 2 hours on LOW. Stir it halfway through so it doesn’t burn around the edges. Turn it to the WARM setting and serve it right out of the crock pot.
How Spicy Is This Dip?
If you use “Hot” Rotel Tomatoes and spicy taco seasoning, it will have some heat. If you want it spicier, serve with Cholulu Hot Sauce.
Use canned corn instead of black beans or browned ground beef instead of chicken.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days and reheated in the microwave. If it is too thick, you can thin it with a little milk.
More Slow Cooker Dips
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Taco Dip
- 4-Ingredient Beef Enchilada Dip
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Corn Dip
- Crock Pot Crab Artichoke Dip
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained, optional
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions
- Lightly grease a 4-quart slow cooker. Add chicken, Rotel tomatoes, Velveeta, Cream Cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, jalapeno, and black beans if using.Mix it all together.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and half the green onions.Top with remaining green onions and serve.