This ultra creamy and cheesy Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip is perfect for game day or anytime you have a crowd of hungry people gathered. It’s easy to make and has a full pound of sausage for lots of meaty flavor. Set it out with a bowl of tortilla chips and watch it disappear.
For the heat I used a jalapeno pepper and a can of Hot Rotel Tomatoes. A full 8 ounces of cream cheese makes this sausage dip really creamy and 8 ounces of cheddar cheese gives it lots of cheese flavor. I also add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste for flavor.
This Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip is great for those who prefer real cheese in their dips.
This is a dip that’s so easy and so tasty, you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
Tips For Making Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip
- Instead of buying preshredded cheese, buy and 8-ounce block of cheese and shred it yourself. The flavor is much better when you shred your own.
- Instead of baking the dip in the oven, put it in a 4-quart crock pot and heat it on LOW until the cheese is melted and warm.
Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/2 yellow or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10-ounce) cam Hot Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Brown sausage in a large pan, breaking it apart as it cooks and add onion and jalapeno when it is about halfway cooked.
- When sausage is cooked through and onion is soft, add tomato paste. Stir it in well and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn heat to low and add cream cheese chunks and about 3/4 of the cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
- Add can of Rotel tomatoes (undrained). Stir to mix thoroughly and then transfer mixture to baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle green onions on top.
More Crowd Pleasing Dips
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.