This ultra creamy and cheesy Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip is perfect for game day or anytime you have a crowd of hungry people gathered. It’s easy to make and has a full pound of sausage for lots of meaty flavor. Set it out with a bowl of tortilla chips and watch it disappear.
For the heat I used a jalapeno pepper and a can of Hot Rotel Tomatoes. A full 8 ounces of cream cheese makes this sausage dip really creamy and 8 ounces of cheddar cheese gives it lots of cheese flavor. I also add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste for flavor.
This Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip is great for those who prefer real cheese in their dips.
This is a dip that’s so easy and so tasty, you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
Tips For Making Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip
- Instead of buying preshredded cheese, buy and 8-ounce block of cheese and shred it yourself. The flavor is much better when you shred your own.
- Instead of baking the dip in the oven, put it in a 4-quart crock pot and heat it on LOW until the cheese is melted and warm.
With lots of meaty flavor and tons of cheese, this ultra creamy and rich Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip is hard to resist.
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/2 yellow or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10-ounce) cam Hot Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish.
Brown sausage in a large pan, breaking it apart as it cooks and add onion and jalapeno when it is about halfway cooked.
When sausage is cooked through and onion is soft, add tomato paste. Stir it in well and cook for 1 minute.
Turn heat to low and add cream cheese chunks and about 3/4 of the cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
Add can of Rotel tomatoes (undrained). Stir to mix thoroughly and then transfer mixture to baking dish.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle green onions on top.
More Crowd Pleasing Dips
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.