This Easy Slow Cooker Refried Bean Dip is a great gameday or potluck addition. It’s a thick cheesy dip that’s perfect with tortillas chips. Leftovers can be used in a burrito or quesadilla.
It’s a great way to turn a can of refried beans into a tasty dip. In addition to refried beans there’s also ground beef and lots of American cheese. Can you say yum?
Slow Cooker Dips
Slow Cooker Dips are the best. The slow cooker keeps them warm and they can sit out for hours. Scroll down for more slow cooker dip recipes.
Ingredients Needed For Slow Cooker Refried Bean Dip
- Bacon Grease– I always save my bacon grease because it can be used in so many ways. If you don’t have any, leave it out.
- Ground beef– can substitute chorizo.
- Onion– yellow, sweet, or white.
- Refried beans
- Taco Seasoning– you will need 1 tablespoon. You can use homemade or store-bought.
- Taco Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- American cheese– I use yellow. Velveeta cheese can be substituted.
- Green Onion
- Nonstick Skillet
- 4-Quart Slow Cooker– I love the pretty red color this slow cooker has.
Make It Spicy
Add chopped pickled jalapenos or serve with Cholulu Hot Sauce.
More Slow Cooker Dips
- Slow Cooker Chicken Nacho Dip
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Taco Dip
- 4-Ingredient Beef Enchilada Dip
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Corn Dip
- Slow Cooker Reuben Dip
- Crock Pot Crab Artichoke Dip
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound American cheese, cubed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Heat bacon grease over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until beef is browned, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Remove from heat and stir in beans, taco seasoning, taco sauce, and garlic powder.
- Transfer to a greased 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in American cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour, stirring halfway through or on LOW for 2 to 3 hours.
- Sprinkle green onions on top and serve.