Roasted Jalapeno Pimento Cheese- the southern staple gets a spicy kick from roasted jalapenos. Tastes great on a cracker, slathered on white bread for a sandwich, or on a burger.
Also makes a great grilled cheese sandwich.
Pimento cheese is the ultimate cheese spread and there are so many ways to tweak its flavor. Typically pimento cheese is made with mayonnaise, shredded cheddar cheese, and diced pimento. There’s often some Worcestershire sauce, and sometimes a little grated onion. Many recipes use cream cheese in additon to or instead of mayonnaise.
This Roasted Jalapeno Pimento Cheese has a combination of mayonnaise and cream cheese. There’s also Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and both shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. The jalapeno peppers really kick up the flavor.
Since pimento peppers are not spicy, the combination of pimentos and jalapenos is a really good one.
Tips For Making Roasted Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- DO NOT use pre-shredded cheese. The flavor is vastly superior if you grate your own cheese.
- Use a really good quality extra-sharp cheddar cheese like Tillamook.
- Use a good quality mayonnaise. Duke’s mayonnaise is the gold standard for pimento cheese.
- Drain the pimentos well. I even place them on a double layer of paper towels while I prepare the other ingredients.
- On its own, pimento cheese is a low carb food and it makes a great filling for an omelet.
- If you find your pimento cheese is not hot enough for your tastes, add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper.
Try These Other Pimento Cheese Favorites
- Tex-Mex Pimento Cheese
- Classic Pimento Cheese
- Pimento Cheese Patty Melts
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
- Buffalo Pimento Cheese
Roasted Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Wocestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Colby Jack cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained well
- Roast jalapenos by placing them under the broiler. Rotate them every few minutes to get them blackened in spots on all sides.Or you can hold them with tongs over the flame of a gas burner until blackened on all sides.
- Place jalapenos in a plastic bag to let them cool. Peel the skins off and discard them.
- Finely chop the jalapenos, discarding the seeds.
- Beat cream cheese and mayonnaise with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, including the roasted jalapenos.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.